October 21, 2019 Senior Procurement Specialist
Responsible for the procurement of parts and materials for production and maintaining stock inventory. Locates, compares, and negotiates parts and prices with vendors. Completes related purchasing orders and reports and maintains files. Monitors inventory levels and coordinates with departments to ensure that operations are smooth and uninterrupted. Works closely with parent company and various departments at corporate office.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Orders, checks and expedites purchases of parts and materials; ensures that parts arrive as scheduled with appropriate lead time
- Negotiates pricing on parts and materials
- Researches and locates vendors; investigates and analyzes the best sources of parts; obtains comparative prices on a regular basis to ensure the best possible prices; maintains current cost data for all purchased items
- Ensures that supplies and materials ordered meet established quality standards
- Assists in maintaining appropriate inventory levels
- Completes and maintains all records including purchase requisitions, purchase orders, receiving reports, and related purchasing paperwork; maintains purchasing files
- Tracks and resolves purchasing and inventory problems or discrepancies
- Establishes and maintains good professional business relations with vendors
- Disseminates information to fellow workers and assists area personnel as needed
- Keeps departments advised of key changes of schedule in materials due
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems; provides suggestions for improved policies and procedures
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience with emphasis in supply chain management
- Required Knowledge:
- Knowledge of vendor sources, products, and purchasing procedures
- Familiar with contract negotiations
- Understanding of production processes
- At least 5 years of experience in a related position within a manufacturing environment
- Effective communications skills, both oral and written
- Able to use related computer applications
- Well organized and attentive to detail
- The Senior Procurement Specialist usually works in an office, warehouse and manufacturing environment
- The Senior Procurement Specialist works a standard work week but may be required to work some weekends and evening to fulfill duties
- Must be able to type using the keyboard of a computer. Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on the telephone. Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs
This job description defines the essential job duties of this position. The Company expects that employees hired for this position can perform the essential functions of this job without imposing risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others. It may also include marginal functions, generally defined within Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the Company will review this job description and make changes of business necessity. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. An employee may resign at any time, with or without reason, and the Company may terminate employment at any time, with or without reason.