October 21, 2019 Materials Planner
Responsible for inventory management for assigned parts and processes required to ensure material input supports customer requirements while financial inventory objectives are accomplished. Work on problems with diverse scope where analysis of situations or data require a review of identifiable factors. Function as SAP Business One business process owner.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining SAP Business One processes
- Manage steady flow of production materials necessary for operating a manufacturing line
- Coordinate and execute scheduling activities for assigned parts using ERP systems
- Manage the supply of products to customers, making sure there are adequate materials to ensure steady production and product delivery to customers
- Analyze data to determine opportunities to decrease inventory, improve customer service levels, and reduce total costs in order to support lean manufacturing activities
- Identify and coordinate advance notice, input and resolution of material shortages/overages
- Demonstrate effective collaboration skills by open communication and sharing of pertinent business information to all departments
- Provide lead times for internal and external customer RFQ
- Ensures the timely release and closure of production workorders
- Act as a focal point and monitor for assigned areas to ensure material delivery dates meet production needs
- Support procurement functions as required
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience with emphasis in supply chain management
- Strong knowledge of SAP Business One
- Minimum 10 years related experience in a medical or aerospace manufacturing environment
- Good computer skills in Microsoft WORD and EXCEL
- Good communicator with good writing skills.
Skills & Abilities
- Experience with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, and superior follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management and coworkers
- Knowledge of materials management theories, processes and practices.
- The Materials Planner usually works in an office, warehouse and manufacturing environment
- The Materials Planner works a standard work week but may be required to work some weekends and evening to fulfill duties
- Must be able to type using the keyboard of a computer.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on the telephone.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs.
This job description defines the essential job duties of this position. The Company expects that employees hired for this position can perform the essential functions of this job without imposing risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others. It may also include marginal functions, generally defined within Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the Company will review this job description and make changes of business necessity. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. An employee may resign at any time, with or without reason, and the Company may terminate employment at any time, with or without reason.