October 18, 2019 Human Resources Generalist
Manages all aspects of Human Resources including, but not limited to on-boarding, off-boarding, leave of absence, worker’s compensation, employee relations, training, recruiting, compensation, and a variety of projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Point of contact for all HR related issues or inquiries from employees
- Answers and troubleshoots employee issues
- Investigates employee issues and provides recommendation for resolution
- Maintains personnel file/records in paper files and on HRIS system
- Responsible for new hire documentation
- Organizes and presents new hire orientations
- Manages the on-boarding and off-boarding process
- Responsible for all recruiting activities including screening candidates, facilitating the interview process, working with management to select and extend offers of employment, and administering background checks
- Coordinates and schedules Company events/functions
- Orders business cards, supplies, and miscellaneous office management duties
- Maintains appropriate inventories of common use items
- Runs reports, complies data, and interprets as appropriate
- Provides Compensation support which includes recommending organizational structures and new job creation
- Conducts exit interviews, identify trends/opportunities and make recommendations
- Facilitates manager and employee training
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required, in Human Resources preferred
- SHRM certified professional preferred
- Knowledge of HR principles, medical leaves, and general employment laws and requirements
- 3 years of prior Human Resources Experience required
- HRIS knowledge
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Good oral and written communications abilities.
- Good listening skills.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to multi-task effectively.
- Self-sufficient and resourceful.
- Travel: None
- Speaking: May be required to speak and present information in front of groups
- Physical: Able to carry up to 25 pounds
- Required Hours: The regular hours for this full-time position are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday–Friday, unless otherwise stated by the department manager. Holiday, weekend and evening work hours may be required. Regular hours may vary due to the needs of the organization or department and are subject to change at any time at the Company’s discretion.
This job description defines the essential job duties of this position. The Company expects that employees hired for this position can perform the essential functions of this job without imposing risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others. It may also include marginal functions, generally defined within Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the Company will review this job description and make changes of business necessity.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. An employee may resign at any time, with or without reason, and the Company may terminate employment at any time, with or without reason.
|Job Category||Human Resources|